1. In Sep 1940, No 1 Indian Anti-Aircraft(AA) Technical Training Battery was raised under Maj R A Ronald, Royal Arty at Colaba, Bombay. The Battery moved to Karachi in Dec 1940 and recd four AA guns. Subsequently, the Battery was renamed as No1 AA Training Centre. In Mar 1941, AA and Coastal Arty Wing was established as a part of School of Arty at Karachi. The Wing was informally ref to as AA School. In 1942, the Coastal Arty School move to Bombay, whereas AA School continued functioning at Karachi till 1947, when it move to Deolali and was amalgamated with School of Arty as one of its Wings. The AD Wing commenced with ten courses in 1948.
2. A need was felt to have bigger firing range for AD weapons than what existed at Deolali. Accordingly, many sites were explored to relocate the AD Wing. In 1963 Government of Orissa offered 3000 acres of land at Gopalpur-On–Sea along with seaward firing range, it was finally decided to site the proposed AD Guided Missile (ADGM) School and Centre at Gopalpur-on-Sea, Orissa. It was sanctioned by Cabinet Committee for Political Affairs on 25 Jul 1978, and 2728.568 acres of land was acquired. The construction of infrastructure of Gopalpur Mil Station, which includes a Sup Depot, GE complex and KLP of AD Regt L-70 was completed prior to its inauguration by the then Prime Minister, Late Shrimati Indira Gandhi on 30 Oct 1984. Due to various reasons AD Wing could only move to Gopalpur in 1989 to become the nucleus for raising of ADGM School. ADGM School became functional on 01 Nov 1989 with the commencement of two Officers and five NCOs courses. In Nov 1998, the ADGM School was redesignated as AADC.3. No of Awards (Since Raising) (a) AVSM - 01 (b) VSM - 02. (c) COAS Commendation Cards - 10. (d) GOC-in-C Commendation Cards - 70.