1. In concert with effective Counter-Infiltration / Exfiltration operations along the Line of Control, intense Counter-terrorist Operations (CT Ops) are being conducted in the hinterland to target the dwindling strength of terrorists, already at unsustainable levels.
2. ‘Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove’ is the overall guiding tenet of these operations, in order to minimize inconvenience to the local populace and make them people friendly with the infusion of Operation SADBHAVANA.
3. Perhaps, these ‘People Friendly’ operations have no parallel in the world, being manpower intensive, as opposed to the heavy weapons and helicopters gunships in use in other troubled areas of the globe.
4. Multi pronged CT operations essentially target terrorist leaders, neutralize their cadre strength, and attempt to sever their insidious links with Over Ground Workers.
5. With the relentless Counter Terrorist Operations, ground realities have begun to suggest the terminal stage of terrorism. The Army’s strategy of “Iron Fist in Velvet Glove” has not only ensured effective marginalisation of all major terrorist groups but has also won the ‘heart and mind’ of the masses. This augers well for the future. Peace is definitely on the horizon.