ASSURANCE BY CHIEF OF
THE ARMY STAFF GENERAL DALBIR SINGH
Army will not move back to the barracks
the last man is brought to safety."
Army Helpline Numbers for Emergency Call : 011-23019831,
as on 17th Sep 2014
• 1,49,827 people rescued.
• 2,833 seriously ill people air lifted out of affected
• National highway 1A opened between Jammu & Srinagar.
• 180 feet double storied bailey bridge constructed at Kot
Ranka after RCC bridge washed away one abutment.
Connectivity between Riyasi & Rajouri district restored.
• Road links damaged by floods/landslide over 1,000 places
• 10,000 personnel from Army Engineers & Border Roads
• 400 Dozers, Excavators & JCB along with 300 Tippers &
• 80 Medical Teams with six field hospitals deployed.
• 14,128 people provided relief on 16 Sep 2014.
Click here to view
updated list of people rescued by the Army
Click here to view list of people rescued by the Army
Click here to view photo gallery
Click here to view video gallery