The overall constitution of the Association will be as under:-
Honorary Colonel of The Regiment
Senior most retired General Officer. In the absence of the Patron the next senior most regimental elder will officiate
All retired General Officers of the Regiment
Colonel of the Regiment will be the PRESIDENT who will invariably have the final say in all matters concerning the Association with due regard to overall consensus of the Association members.
commandant -The Guards Regimental Centre. Management Committee
• Functional Aspects The managing committee will hold atleast one ordinary meeting each year. However, any special meeting may be called by the President of the Managing Committee provided 2 months notice with the agenda for discussion is given to all the members. GORA chapter may be organised at any other station to conduct Regimental activity. However, no separate account / funds will be maintained. The Regimental get-togethers will be on a contributory basis by the participants.
• Duties The duties of the Managing Committee will be as follows:
• Take major decisions affecting the GORA and its functioning with the approval of the President and making or altering rules of the GORA by additions, amendments and cancellations, subject to the ratification by the General Body.
• To decide/revise/review the amount of subscription payable by the members of the Association.
• To establish functional committees as laid down and nominate members as necessary and make changes in the composition, if required.
• To mortgage / lease any property of the association in the interest of the Association.
• To acquire and hold property.
• To effect any changes in rules and regulations of the Association.
• To delegate powers to the Functional Committee and Executive Committee.
• To discuss and decide the issues referred to by the Functional/Executive Committee.
• To terminate / close any existing project / function of the Association.
• To accord final sanction / approval of any amount of expenditure.
• To undertake any decision conducive to the Association including denial / cancellation of membership.
• To nominate / elect members: Modalities of nomination / election to be decided by the President.
• To appoint legal advisor, auditors and such other officers / employees as they think fit to hold offices during its pleasure and decide the compensation as considered appropriate.
• Determine the honorarium and salaries to be paid to the staff of GORA.
• Deal with routine correspondence and maintain the office organisation of the GORA.
• Maintain and update roll of membership and the record and addresses of all members.
• Arrange GORA dinners and other functions and inform all members about these, well in advance.
• Collect subscriptions as laid down, acknowledge and account for the same.
• To seek advise on GORA matters from Regimental elders.
• To organise annual /bi-annual Regimental dinners coinciding with Association meetings.
Executive Committee Composition
• The Management Committee will be assisted by the Executive Committee to formulate policies, procedures and establish practices concerning customs and traditions, welfare, sports, adventure and financial matters. The following will also be looked into:-
• The Executive Committee shall meet once in a quarter. A special meeting can be convened by the Chairman or any three members with a notice of seven days. Four members including the Chairman / Vice Chairman will form the quorum. In case the Chairman is absent, the Deputy Chairman will act as the Chairman who will have a voting right.
• The Executive Committee will carry out the routine business and day to day work of the Association, subject to any specific instructions or regulations imposed upon the Executive Committee by the Managing Committee, and accordingly all powers conferred on the Managing Committee, shall, subject as aforesaid, be exerciseable by the Executive Committee.
Charter of Duties
• The charter of duties will include the following :-
• To formulate modalities and suitable organisations for holding get-togethers at various stations where large numbers of GUARDS Officers, both serving and veteran are located.
• To suggest/recommend welfare measures for all GUARDSMEN.
• To provide scholarships, loans and grants from Association funds, as applicable.
• To act as nodal agency to receive / arrange and distribute allotment from various financial agencies such as Army Group Insurance, Benevolent Fund, Army Central Welfare Fund, Army Wives Welfare Association, Rajya Sainik Boards, State Government / Non Government Organisations etcetera.
• Welfare and resettlement of retired GUARDSMEN.
• To act as placement advisory bureau for retired / retiring GUARDSMEN.
• Keep the Association in good financial health.
• Preparation of budget for the current year.
• Advise President on the financial viability of various proposals for the expenditures.
• Advise President on reallocation of funds to balance them as per the need.
• Render necessary advice on financial matters of Association funds not covered above.
• Acquisition and management of property for the Association to improve the state.