1. The PROA Meet (Delhi Chapter) was held at 150 Inf Bn (TA) PUNJAB Delhi Cantt on 04 Mar 2012. The event was followed by lunch at the lawns of 150 Inf Bn TA Offrs’ Mess.
2. The meet was presided over by Maj Gen BS Sachar, SM, VSM**, Col of the Punjab Regt and was attended by the Offrs (serving and Retd) as per the Appx att (Being obtained from 1250 Inf Bn (TA) PUNJAB).
3. The proceedings commenced with welcome note by Brig BN Singh, SM, Secy & Treasurer PROA and followed by a presentation on Regtl activities update as well as a brief presentation on the Regtl Centre. Lt Col Ram Niwas, CRO also gave an update on Records at PRC.
4. Condolences. Two mins silence was observed by all members in honour of deceased Veterans Lt Gen RS Dyal, PVSM, MVC, ADC, Brig RN Sharma, MVC, Col JMS Hatter, Col Surat Singh and Col Anil Shorey.
5. The occasion was also special as the members bid farewell to Lt Gen (Retd) KJS Oberoi, AVSM, SM, President PROA and welcomed the new Col of the Regt, Maj Gen BS Sachar, SM, VSM** as the new President PROA.
6. Lt Gen VR Raghavan (Retd) PVSM, UYSM, AVSM the senior most Col of the Regt present on the occasion, recalled the yeomen service rendered by Lt Gen (Retd) KJS Oberoi, AVSM, SM to strengthen the Regt as institution in his over six years of Colonelcy. His visionary apch helped Regtl units doing exceptionally well in their fd tenures. He placed on record collective appre of all the members of PROA.
7. The event further progressed with the PROA Meet. Maj Gen BS Sachar, SM, VSM**, Col of the Punjab Regt commenced the proceedings. Welcoming all the members present, he thanked the outgoing COR for his efforts in reinforcing the bond between serving and retired fraternity of the Regt.
8. Nomination of PROA Managing Committee Members. It was brought out by the Secy, PROA that some members in the governing body need to be added to fill-up the vacant posts/assignments due to demise of Col Anil Shorey and also consider fresh names. Name of Col (Retd) Bal Krishan was proposed by Brig AK Singh, SM and seconded by Col (Retd) R Kapoor. The new Management Committee will be as under:-
(a) President. Maj Gen Balvinder Singh Sachar, SM, VSM**, COR.
(b) Retd Offrs Cat.
For - Col (Retd) Anil Shorey.
Read – Col (Retd) Bal Krishan.
(c) Serving Offrs.
(i) Brig Vijay Dnayandev Chowgule, VSM.
(ii) Brig RR Nimbhorkar, SM**, VSM
(iv) CO, 150 Inf Bn TA (PUNJAB) by appointment.
Pts by Members
9. Col (Retd) Raghubir Singh gave fwg pts:-
(a) Comn with Veterans. Timely comn regarding PROA meet should be ensured and the event once planned should not be cancelled. A fixed date for example first Sunday of March can be earmarked for the meet.
(b) Availability of Offrs’ Mess Premises of 150 Inf Bn (TA) to Veterans. Can be considered.
(c) Regtl Gurudwara, Meerut.
(i) The bldg is now old and should be inspected by a civ Engr structurally.(ii) Landscaping the Surrounding Area. Since earlier plan was found to be very expensive, issue can be revisited to modify the scope of wk.(iii) Offerings at Gurudwara. No percentage of offering should go to the local Bn Fund, instead should be utilized for devp. He asked Brig Niresh Rathore that in his capacity as Dy GOC of Meerut Sub Area he could get the Bldg inspected by civ Engr and make a plan in conslt with Col (Retd) Raghubir Singh and CO 14 PUNJAB for landscaping of surrounding area. This will then be approved and devp in a time bound manner.
(d) PROA directory should be updated and circulated to members.
10. Col (Retd) Rajinder Kapoor suggested that Regtl fraternity can plan to assemble at Meerut Gurudwara on “Gurupurab” day every year.
11. Brig (Prof) BS Joshi, AVSM suggested that considering the Regt’s rich history and professional excellence, they can put together their vast experience in the form of out-lining “Trg concept for Inf Bn – 2020” with the help of intellectually likeminded veterans. This concept paper once completed then can be taken-up by the COR Sectt suitably for further progression by the envt.
12. We need to update/duplicate the comn to members on PROA activity through e.mails
13. Col VD Sharma (Retd) observed that legal cases in the Army are on rise and veterans as well as Record Office PRC can educate the ex-servicemen of the Regt regarding their legal rights and limitations. He also suggested that PROA org should consider est a ‘old age home’ at Delhi and Bangalore as it would be a very noble venture by the Regt.
Pts by the President
14. The COR assured all present that necessary steps will be taken in update PROA directory and improve the comn to members. The PROA website will be made more current with all relevant info displayed.
15. He said the accn reqmt in Delhi for the veterans attending PROA meet will also be ensured by his SO in the Sectt.
16. He said that ‘trg’ will be a key area and a plan for the same will be drawn up.
17. There being no other pts, the President declared meeting as closed.