HISTORY OF BRC

 

RAISING OF THE CENTRE.    The Bihar Regimental Centre was raised on 01 November 1945 at Agra by Lieutenant Colonel R C Muller. In April 1946, the Centre then moved from Agra to Ranchi under his command. Later in November 1946, the Regiment Centre moved to Gaya. The First Indian Commandant, Lieutenant Colonel (Later Brigadier) Hardayal Singh Randhawa took over the command of the Centre in November 1947. In March 1949, the Centre finally move from Gaya to its present location at Danapur. Today the Regiment has 20 regular battalions, four affiliated Rashtriya Rifles battalions and two Territorial Army battalions.

 

CENTRE’S FINAL MOVE TO DANAPUR BY ROAD

LIEUTENANT COLONEL HS RANDHAWA - FIRST INDIAN COMMANDANT