DHRUVA WAR MEMORIAL

 

Dhruva, a monument at Udhampur is dedicated to the brave soldiers of Northern Command. It was constructed and inaugurated on 17 June 1997 by the then COAS Gen S Roychowdhury, PVSM, ADC on the occasion of the Silver Jubilee of the Command.

 
Originally conceived as a Counter Insurgency Operations Gallery, it was to come up in a hall where memorabilia of OP RAKSHAK were to be housed. The two wall, salutes those who have laid down their lives in battle within the area of Northern Command since 1947. The two walls are surrounded with steps and walkway made of red Kota stone and the rear retaining wall has been redesigned in the shape of a fortress with turrets. Atop this wall fly the flags of Northern Command and affiliated formations. Individuals or groups desirous of visiting the Memorial may contact us at ncmediacell@gmail.com  .