Veterans Corner

1. The Retired Officers those who wish to obtain IAVC may apply through respective Col Veterans at Area/Sub Area. It is not mandatory to replace their existing IAFZ 2015-A with IAVC.

2. The Retired Officers are required fill up the application form alongwith following documents:-



(a) Two Passport Size photo – one in uniform and one in civil dress

(b) PPO

(c) Destruction Certificate of old Retired Officers I Card (IAFZ 2015-A) as per the existing procedure.

(d) DD of Rs 150/- in favour of ‘Micro System Product’ payable at Delhi.

3. The Colonel Veterans at Area/Sub Area will forward these applications to the Comd. Comd HQ will compile and forward these applications to MP5 (Pension Cell) in a consolidated manner once a month.

4. MP5 (Pension Cell) will arrange the printing of card and forward these cards to Col Veterans through respective Comd. The Card will be handed over in person to the Retired Officers by the Disbursing Officer. A receipt will be obtained and forwarded to MP5 (Pension Cell) for records. Colonel Veterans will maintain a record and ensure safe custody of the unissued cards.

5. The rules related to carriage of I Card, loss and replacement will remain as already existing.

6. Re-employed offrs will retain their service offrs I Card and apply for IAVC to MP5 (Pension Cell) before their final release through their formation.




1. The Identity Card to the retiring Armed Forces personnel is issued by concerned Zila Sainik Board/Zila Sainik Welfare Office (ZSB/ZSWO) where the retiring Defence personnel propose to settle down after retirement as recorded in his discharge document (s). For this purpose, all retiring defence personnel are required to get their particulars filled in the registration form in duplicate at the Record Office at the time of their discharge. One copy of the registration form is forwarded by the Record Office to the concerned ZSB/ZSWO by post and the second copy by hand through the retiree himself. Thereafter, the individual is required to call on the concerned ZSB/ZSWO along with three copies of the stamp size photographs, discharge certificate/PPO and other relevant service documents for issue of Identity Card. At the ZSB/ZSWO, the particulars are scrutinised and in case the individual qualifies to the status of Ex-Servicemen, he will be asked to fill in an application form and Identity Card will be issued to him. Formats for applying for registration by Ex-Servicemen and widows will be provided by their respective RSB/ZSB/ZSWO and application for issue of Ex-serviceman/widow identity card are given at Appendices ‘A’ and ‘B’. The Secretary, KSB may also issue Identity Card to ESM in special cases, whilst keeping the respective ZSB’s informed.

2. Please remember, Identity Card is a pre requisite for availing the benefits of the welfare schemes instituted under the "Armed Forces Flag Day Fund" vide Government of India SRO 7E dated 13 Apr 1993. Furthermore, new Identity cards under the following categories of personnel have been provided to all RSBs/ZSBs for issuance:-

(a) Ex-servicemen (Officers)
(b) Ex-servicemen (PBOR)
(c) War Widows
(d) War Disabled
(e) Widows of Ex-servicemen