HISTORY

20 JAN 1941

INTELLIGENCE SCHOOL WAS RAISED IN KILLARNEY HOTEL, KARACHI UNDER STEWARDSHIP OF MAJOR J CAMPBELL.

01 FEB 1941

FIRST OFFICERS COURSE WITH STRENGTH OF 20 OFFICERS COMMENCED.

LATER HALF OF 1941

SECURITY WING ADDED TO SCHOOL WITH SPECIAL TASK OF RAISING FIELD SECURITY SECTION. SEPARATE FIELD SECURITY HQ& DEPOT CREATED FOR FUNCTIONS OF CENTRE & DEPOT.

01 OCT 1942

INTELLIGENCE CORPS DEPOT ESTABLISHED AT KARACHI.

01 NOV 1942

INTELLIGENCE CORPS FORMED.

15 JUN 1945

MERGER OF INTELLIGENCE CORPS DEPOT & INTELLIGENCE SCHOOL WITH NEW NAME AS “INTELLIGENCE CORPS TRAINING CENTRE”.

09 AUG 1945

MERGER OF RECORDS WING AT ABBOTABAD (PAK) WITH INTELLIGENCE CORPS TRAINING CENTRE.

01 NOV 1946

SCHOOL NAMED AS INTELLIGENCE CORPS SCHOOL.

01 APR 1947

SCHOOL RENAMED AS INTELLIGENCE TRAINING SCHOOL & DEPOT.

JUL 1947

SCHOOL MOVE FROM KARACHI TO MURREE.

JUL – AUG 1947

COMBINED COURSE AT MURREE, BEFORE DIVISION OF SCHOOL TO OVERCOME SHORTAGE OF INTELLIGENCERS.

16 AUG 1947

DIVISION OF THE SCHOOL EQUIPMENT, TRAINING MATERIAL & LITERATURE WAS CARRIED OUT IN MURREE BY PAKISTAN ARMY.

21 SEP 1947

MOVE OF SCHOOL FROM MURREE TO AMBALA THROUGH RAWALPINDI, SIALKOT WITH 03 OFFRS, 14 VCOS, 65 IORS.

13 NOV 1947

SCHOOL ARRIVED AT MHOW (MP) FROM AMBALA.

16 SEP 1948

COMMENCEMENT OF FIRST COURSE, AFTER INDEPENDENCE.

SEP 1952

MOVE OF SCHOOL FROM MHOW TO POONA (NOW PUNE).

14 OCT 1952

UPGRADE OF RANK OF COMMANDANT TO LIEUTENANT COLONEL.

15 JAN 1967

UPGRADE OF RANK OF COMMANDANT TO COLONEL.

25 JUL 1974

UPGRADE OF RANK OF COMMANDANT TO BRIGADIER.

01 SEP 1982

UPGRADE OF RANK OF COMMANDANT TO MAJOR GENERAL.

01 DEC 1983

SCHOOL DESIGNATED AS MILITARY COLLEGE OF INTELLIGENCE & DEPOT.

29 FEB 1984

SCHOOL REVERTED BACK TO OLD NOMENCLATURE OF MILITARY INTELLIGENCE TRAINING SCHOOL & DEPOT.

01 APR 2011

UPGRADE OF RANK OF COMMANDANT TO LIEUTENANT GENERAL.